A Checklist for Planning Your Business
Being an entrepreneur and owning your own business is exciting and overwhelming at the same time. For your business to have the best chance of succeeding, it is important to be strategic and deliberate in developing your business plan. A Bellingham business lawyer can help ensure that your business thrives by helping you draft such a plan and follow it.
Below are a few tips to consider when starting your own business venture:
- Create a business plan. The business plan is essential to your business’s success. Putting your goals and how your business will accomplish those goals into writing is vital. A well-thought-out business plan can increase your chances of obtaining loans and other necessary assistance for start-up companies.
- Select a business structure. Choosing the right business structure is essential in determining the type of management, structural setup and tax implications for your entity. The most common forms of business structures are corporations, limited liability companies and limited partnerships.
- Obtain necessary licenses. If your business is subject to city, county, state or federal licensing requirements, you must ensure that you are in compliance.
- Tax liability. Depending on the size of your business, your taxes can be simple or complex. Having the proper tax professionals protecting your best interests is vital.
- Reporting requirements. It’s important to make sure you obtain identification numbers, workers’ compensation insurance, unemployment insurance and other business essentials in a timely manner.
Making the right decisions is essential to your business’s success. A Bellingham business attorney can thoroughly explain your options and help protect your entity’s best interests.
If you are navigating the complicated process of starting your own business, you need a trusted advisor by your side. At Adelstein, Sharpe & Serka LLP, we work hard to earn that trust.