An Experienced Bellingham, WA Employment Lawyer
Helping businesses in Washington maintain employee relations
Employee relations are nearly always a substantial challenge and simply addressing problems as they arise is never a good policy. Maintaining a beneficial relationship with your employees requires proactive action and continuous access to experienced and practical Bellingham, WA employment law advice. The lawyers of Adelstein, Sharpe & Serka LLP have spent the last four decades helping a wide range of business clients throughout the state maintain employee relations, decrease the risk of litigation, negotiate employee contracts and resolve employee claims when they arise.
Bellingham employment law issues
The Bellingham attorneys of Adelstein, Sharpe & Serka LLP have experience handling a variety of employment law issues — from proactive and preventative counsel to dispute resolution:
- Employment counseling and preventative advice — The best way to avoid employee issues is to understand your rights and obligations as an employer from the beginning. Our Bellingham employment lawyers offer employment counseling to help new businesses prepare to bring on a work force and help existing employers address budding problems before they get out of control.
- Policies and contracts — Clear and uniformly enforced policies and contracts are crucial to reducing your risk for liability under federal and state employee discrimination laws as well as other regulations. An employment lawyer can help you draft policies that work for your business while still addressing necessary issues.
- Non-competition and confidentiality agreements — Key employees are of necessity privy to some of your company’s most valuable proprietary information. We draft clear and binding non-competition and confidentiality agreements that protect your trade secrets from being used against you.
- Union prevention and negotiation — Employers must be very careful when facing a union campaign or vote. We help employers understand what they can and cannot do during union elections and help them work constructively with unions if and when they become certified.
- Defense of employee claims — Employee discrimination, wage and hour and other types of claims are an unfortunate part of maintaining a workforce and require a vigorous defense. We work with employers to resolve these claims and limit their liability.
A respected law firm with employment law experience
For more than 38 years, Adelstein, Sharpe & Serka LLP has been a reliable source of counsel and representation for employers throughout Washington State. From our offices in Bellingham, WA, we serve clients throughout Whatcom, Island, Skagit and San Juan counties and British Columbia, providing an alternative to the expensive and impersonal Seattle firms. Contact us today online or by calling 360.671.6565 to schedule a consultation.